- FVCC believes in one living GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
- FVCC believes in GOD THE FATHER, and infinite Spirit person perfected in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- FVCC believes in JESUS CHRIST, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Virgin Mary, of the Holy Spirit. I believe in His sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth.
- FVCC believes in the HOLY SPIRIT, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgement, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide. We believer in the present ministry of the holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the biblical gifts of the Spirit.
- FVCC believes in a literal devil and his host of fallen angels, and that he is at work in the world today. We believe that Satan is a created being, and as such he is limited in presence and power.
- FVCC believes that the SCRIPTURES of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts and that they are the infallible rule of faith and practice.
- FVCC believes in a literal interpretation of the Bible, taking exception only for the obvious metaphors and similes that God has not yet shed His light upon. We act on this belief by putting forth the entire word of God before the body in a book by book fashion, giving His people the entire counsel of His revealed Word to us.
- FVCC believes that all PEOPLE are sinners by nature and choice and therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
1. …the teaching of “positive confession”.
2. …the belief that Christians can be possessed by demons.
3. …“dominion theology” or “kingdom theology”.
4. …a fatalistic Calvinist view, which allows no room for free will.
5. …prophesy that overrides or supersedes Biblical Scripture.
6. …the incorporation of humanistic psychology or philosophy into Biblical
7. …“charis-MANIA” (the over-emphasis upon spiritual gifts, experiential
signs and wonders, etc.).
- FVCC believes in the universal CHURCH, the living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members.
- FVCC believes in the pattern and principle of MALE LEADERSHIP and responsibility in both the home and the church, according to the sacrificial example of Jesus. We believe this limits the roles of pastoral leadership and doctrinal authority to qualified men (1 Corinthians 11:1-12; 1 Timothy 2: 1-15). We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:14-16).
- FVCC believes that the Lord, Jesus Christ instituted TWO ORDINANCES for the church: the full-immersion water baptism of believers and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- FVCC believes that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such, He crated them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous MARRIAGE BETWEEN MALE AND FEMALE as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 18-20, 7:1-3, 8-9; Galatians 5;19-21; Ephesians 5:3-7; 1 Timothy 1:9-11).
- FVCC believes Legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities outside of marriage (referred to in the New Testament as “porneia”) including but not limited to, adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, and pedophilia are inconsistent with the teaching of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, are incompatible with the biblical witness.
- FVCC believes in the blessed hope, which is the rapture of the church at Christ’s coming in the air. We believe that we will go to Him before the Tribulation (pre-trib) and that Christ will return to the earth physically to setup His kingdom: In the resurrection of the body and the final judgement and eternal blessings for the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked.
- FVCC believes in the APOSTLES CREED, that it embodies the fundamental facts of the Christian faith:
I believe in God the Father Almighty and in Christ Jesus, His only Son, our Lord
Who was born of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
Who was crucified under Pontius Pilate and was buried
And the third day rose from the dead
Who ascended into heaven and sits on the right hand of the Father
Whence He comes to judge the living and the dead.
And in the Holy Ghost
The holy church
The remission of sins
The resurrection of the flesh
The life everlasting.